Whether it’s a first date with a special someone or date night with your bae, wearing the right outfit can make your date extra special and Insta-worthy.
Because dinner and a movie aren’t the only date activities around, we’ve found the perfect outfits for our favourite dates and can’t wait to try them on.
Cocktails and dancing
You want to turn heads, but also be comfortable enough to take on the dance floor for as long as the music is good. This outfit does both. The sheer bodysuit is as edgy as a floral top can get. Wear a solid black bra underneath it to complete the look.
While the strappy heels we’ve chosen for this outfit will give you a little height, we’ve chosen a block heel so you are comfortable, have better balance and can stay on your feet for longer than you could in sky-high stilettos.
- Legit off the shoulder printed mesh bodysuit R169, Zando
- Lawless high waisted super stretch skinny black R399, Superbalist
- Utopia block heel sandals black R249, Zando
Romantic picnic and a walk around the park
Day time dates are fun too. A picnic is a great way to get to know your partner, find out what they like and have a great uninterrupted conversation. This summer dress is a perfect outfit for a day in the sun and flat sandals are made for a long walk around the park – plus they’re easy to kick off when you want to feel the grass under your feet.
- Animal print off the shoulder dress R139, MRP
- New Look wash denim jacket blue R799, Zando
- Utopia leather slides rose gold R159, Zando
A music concert
Finding a date with the same music tastes as you is definitely a good thing. The best thing about concerts is being surrounded by fellow fans, and when this happens you definitely want to be comfortable.
A loose-fitting jumpsuit is perfect for dancing, moving through the crowd and looking fabulous. Wedge sandals are a great touch but could be swapped out for flats depending on your mood and how much dancing you plan on doing.
- New Look button front jersey jumpsuit khaki R399, Zando
- Black/green tropical print kimono top with tassels R299, Zando
- Footwork Bessie wedges bronze R619, Zando
The foodie market
Good food can create a strong bond and this red dress is perfect for such a date. The cute printed scarf is an awesome and versatile accessory that could go around your neck or work as a head wrap or headband. It matches the dress perfectly.
Gladiator sandals are back, and with the Aztec like print, they’re a great buy that will work with loads of outfits.
- Short sleeve pencil dress R119, Superbalist
- Chain pattern scarf R69.99, MRP
- Utopia tribal tie-up sandal black R199, Zando
The after-work date
We don’t have an endless amount of time in a day, so sometimes a date happens just after a long day at the office.
This outfit will make you stand out, both at work and a dinner date. It’s comfortable, flattering and appropriate for just about any occasion.
- Long sleeve shift dress- Burgandy R399, Superbalist
- suede biker jacket R249.99, MRP
- Utopia block heel double strap sandal black R299, Zando
Disclosure: At All4Women, we write about stuff we like and we think you’ll like too. Some of the links in this article are affiliate links from reputable companies, and at no cost to you, we earn commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking the link.