You could WIN* R300 000 to develop your ICT business. Standard Bank, in collaboration with the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services, is looking for leading female figures in the ICT industry who are #GoodToGo, to participate in our live pitching competition
We’ll be giving R300 000 to one talented woman with an outstanding tech solution at the upcoming ‘Women in ICT’ event, which will take place on 23 August 2019 in Johannesburg.
Alongside this generous funding, the winner will also have access to a variety of other benefits, including:
- Access to local and international opportunities through Standard Bank
- Enterprise development from the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services
- Access to continuous mentoring from senior ICT figures
Who can enter?
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have a registered operating business that:
- has an annual revenue of less than R51 million,
- is 51% black owned,
- is trading within South Africa, and
- has a tangible product or service which is ready for international markets (therefore businesses that are in idea validation, prototyping phase will be excluded)
- Must be running the business on a full-time basis and be fully involved in the daily operations of the business (therefore ‘side hustles’ will be excluded)
- Product must be easily transportable, or the entrepreneur can come up with showcasing at the ITU summit if the product is not easily transported
How to enter:
To put yourself forward for this incredible opportunity, all you need to do is record a two-minute video of yourself discussing your tech business and how it can benefit the community.
The five best pitches will make a shortlist, and each of these women will be invited to present at the Women in ICT event.
While only one of the five women will walk away as the winner, the experience of presenting at this prestigious event is invaluable to all five of these women and could provide them with the opportunity to network with important players in the industry.
Learn more about this incredible opportunity.