“Reality Check” is an article series which looks at common mistakes people make when they begin dieting for weight loss. We’ll check out some ‘thought adjustments’ that will help you make better choices on your journey. The articles include tips, new ideas to try, strategies to follow, and encouragement to keep you moving forward.
Figuring out the diet for YOU
The people who produce diet products mostly fit into one of three groups: you get the sporty ones, the ones who are more medical/scientific sounding, and then the ones who are their own success stories. And as much as they come from three different groups in that sense, they all share one common trait – THEIR diet is THE one. The one that will save you from your spare tyre.
So how can you decide on a diet that’s going to work for you?
Well, first the good news. Almost all diets are true enough to work for you on your weight loss journey IF YOU DO THEM PROPERLY. That’s because, as different as they all may seem, the basic idea of a diet is calorie restriction and increased metabolic function. And they will mostly make that happen through some means.
The bad news is there are some diets that are a little too liberal. Any diet that says you can eat whatever you like, or that you can lose weight without ever thinking about eating healthy, well, that CAN’T possibly be true, right?
So while MOST diet truths are equal, and you can find one to suit you, be wary of the ‘best’ sounding ones – if a diet sounds too good to be true, then it probably is! The same as it is with everything in life.
Read more ‘reality check’s below:
- Weight loss reality check: Does it have to be so complicated?
- Weight loss reality check: How much does being thin REALLY matter?
- Weight loss reality check: What can you REALLY expect from a diet?
- Weight loss reality check: A six-pack in twelve weeks?
- Weight loss reality check: Check the lifespan of the programme
- Weight loss reality check: Electronic wobble-machines?
- Weight loss reality check: ‘Before’ and ‘After’ pics are NOT real evidence
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: Exercise is NOT magic
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: You NEED all of the macronutrients
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: “REALLY?!”
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: Quantity matters