“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your bodyweight gets down to your goal-weight.
Make a REAL effort, get REAL results
When it comes to exercising for weight loss, we’ve talked quite a lot about what to do.
Get strong, then add a little cardio. Keep it interesting if you need that. Keep a logbook of your workouts. Maybe find a sport you enjoy playing.
he more important issue, the one we’re talking about today is the most important one. And that is, whatever you do, make a huge effort and do it with all your might. Don’t exercise like the people in the gym on the treadmill reading the newspaper while they stroll along at a top speed of one kilometre an hour. These people are kidding themselves.
Exercise is tough
That’s just the way it is. And if you want results you need to make it hard for yourself, or get a trainer to make it hard for you. It’s the only way to make progress, and the only way to ensure that you actually get something for all the time you spend doing it.
I don’t think exercising is worth it if all you’re doing is going in and punching a time card so you can say you did it. You need to become better. And better. And better. At whatever you’ve chosen to do. If you’re lifting the same weights in two years’ time that you are lifting now, what have you achieved? Nothing, that’s what.
Work up a sweat. Get tired. Feel like you’ve done work.
Make a real effort when you exercise. You’ll get real results that way. After all, that’s why you are doing it, right?
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for weight loss: How much is too much?
- Exercise for weight loss: Sweating – Does it equal weight loss?
- Exercise for weight loss: Digging yourself out of the ‘info avalanche’
- Exercise for weight loss: The value of stretching
- Exercise for weight loss: If you only do one exercise, do this one
- Exercise for weight loss: Your 4-minute exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What if I skipped a few days?
- Exercise for weight loss: “How long must I exercise for?”
- Exercise for weight loss: What to do if you’re ‘older’
- Exercise for weight loss: Variety is the spice of life
- Exercise for weight loss: “But I don’t LIKE exercise!”
- Exercise for weight loss: Timing is key!
- Exercise for weight loss: Don’t take breaks in the gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Priority number one
- Exercise for weight loss: If you’re not dropping the kilos, you need to pick up the weights
- Exercise for weight loss: Get a little extra, for free
- Exercise for weight loss: Get your feet moving
- Exercise for weight loss: The ‘no equipment’ gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Walking is not sufficient exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What sore muscles really mean
- Exercise for weight loss – Let’s start at the very beginning
- Exercise for weight loss: The single step to kick-start your journey
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.