Seafood is so good for our health. Packed full of vital nutrients as well as Omega 3s, it should play a key part in every person’s diet. Yet, with its unusual fresh taste, it can be tough to get kids (and adults) to eat their seafood…
Not any more! With the power of this delicious shrimp and pasta dish, they’ll soon be asking for seconds…
What you need:
- 500g shrimp, peeled, de-veined and prepared
- 3 tbsp butter in 2 portions
- 250g salami or smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 350g ‘long’ pasta (linguine or spaghetti)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
What to do:
- Set your pasta to cook as per the instructions.
- While it’s busy, met a tablespoon of butter on medium heat, add the onions and pepper, and saute until soft.
- Season with part of the Cajun spice.
- Add your sausage, and allow to cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and the rest of the Cajun seasoning.
- Cook until the shrimp are perfect. Drain your pasta, return to the pot and toss in the cream, butter, and parmesan.
- When the ‘sauce’ has thickened a little, add the rest of the ingredients, toss well, garnish with parsley and serve.
This simple dish is quick to prepare and heavenly to taste!