Award-winning actor Kenneth Nkosi has been put on blast after allegations of assault against a 26-year-old woman were levelled against him

The incident allegedly took place last Friday night around 10pm at the Black Ant Lounge in Newtown, Johannesburg. The assault allegedly happened after the woman would apparently not give in to Kenneth’s advances.

A friend of the victim, who apparently witnessed the incident exposed it on Twitter.

“What I saw on Friday at BlackAnt Lounge in Newtown just after 10pm Kenneth Nkosi is an abuser, he assaulted someone I know because she refused to give him attention.

“Men are not used to rejection. He then followed her into the ladies’ restrooms… & continued violating her,” tweeted @PulyBeast.

WIN a R 2,000 Woolworths Voucher

Subscribe to our Free Daily All4Women Newsletter to enter


She also went on to share a video, in which the alleged victim can be heard asking for her cellphone back and Kenneth can be seen and heard refusing to give it back.

According to IOL a case of common assault has been opened at the Johannesburg Central police station

Jo’burg police spokesperson Captain Xoli Mbele confirmed to the publication that a case of assault had been opened against Kenneth by a 26-year-old woman. He said that the matter is being investigated and that no arrests have been made.

The victim’s friend went on to thank social media users for the support and made it clear that they have no intention of withdrawing the charges.

“Thank you to everyone who is concerned. We’ve opened a case and we are not withdrawing it. She’s so scared, but I’ve told her that we’ve all got her, and she needs to stand up for herself and fight back and this is the only way,” she tweeted.