Certain poisons can cause damage to the esophagus or throat and mouth. If one of these poisons is swallowed, one should not induce vomiting, as you would usually when a poison is swallowed. Checking the bottom of the bottle may help, but it is best to phone the Poison Help Line (011 – 495 5112).
Vomiting can be induced by giving the person a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of salt dissolved in it, and then sticking your finger down their throat.

 

While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.

Subscribe to our Free Daily All4Women Newsletter to enter