“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your bodyweight gets down to your goal-weight.
If you only do one exercise, do this one
Most people in the modern world are concerned with doing as little as possible for maximum results. This goes for dieters and their exercise plans too! They want to know how little exercise they can get away with while still achieving progress on their diet plan.
(This is not necessarily a terrible thing. It’s a reality for most people. We can’t afford to spend hours in the gym on a daily basis, so it makes sense to get the best results for your time spent.)
So what’s the least exercise you can do and still get results?
Well, that depends on what exercise you’re wanting to do. So, what if we said you can only do one exercise? Which exercise gives the best weight loss benefit, while increasing strength, and also making your muscles firmer and your body more athletic too?
I have the answer.
So here’s the thing, squats are the best exercise for the WHOLE body, and for the metabolism.
Why is that? Well, for starters, squats work all of your muscles, especially once they get heavier. Try just standing up with a heavy weight on your back, and tell me you can relax the top half of your body.
You’re going to work your whole leg, your abs and back, and if you maintain good posture and tension, you’ll work everything else too.
Squats are also incredibly good for calorie-burning. Your metabolism gets pretty fired up by the squat precisely because of the amount of muscle mass you’ll be using (not to mention the balance and coordination required) to get the movement right.
So if you only do one exercise, SQUAT. Start with your bodyweight, get the movement right, then add weight. You’ll be amazed at the results.
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for weight loss: Your 4-minute exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What if I skipped a few days?
- Exercise for weight loss: “How long must I exercise for?”
- Exercise for weight loss: What to do if you’re ‘older’
- Exercise for weight loss: Variety is the spice of life
- Exercise for weight loss: “But I don’t LIKE exercise!”
- Exercise for weight loss: Timing is key!
- Exercise for weight loss: Don’t take breaks in the gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Priority number one
- Exercise for weight loss: If you’re not dropping the kilos, you need to pick up the weights
- Exercise for weight loss: Get a little extra, for free
- Exercise for weight loss: Get your feet moving
- Exercise for weight loss: The ‘no equipment’ gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Walking is not sufficient exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What sore muscles really mean
- Exercise for weight loss – Let’s start at the very beginning
- Exercise for weight loss: The single step to kick-start your journey
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.