Chemnitz (dpa) – A Great Dane in search of a doggy treat inadvertently set fire to its owner’s kitchen in a flat in the eastern German town of Reichenbach in Saxony, according to police…

The dog placed its paws on the kitchen counter and turned on one of the burners on the stove by accident. This caused a wooden chopping board to catch fire, regional police said in a statement early Tuesday.

The blaze soon spread to the kitchen cabinets.

The fire brigade came and put out the blaze and the three people who were at home were treated for smoke inhalation.

Despite having had a fright the dog was unharmed. Damage to the kitchen was estimated at 20,000 euros  (around R320 000)!

WIN a R 2,000 Woolworths Voucher

Subscribe to our Free Daily All4Women Newsletter to enter

Accommodation offers from

20,000 listings in 2,000 locations with 10,000 reviews.

18% DISCOUNT – From R1222 p/night

Hudsons on Twelfth

Rivonia, Gauteng

Valid until April 30 2020

66% DISCOUNT – From R1440 R518 p/night

Silver Forest Boutique Lodge and Spa

Helderberg, Somerset West

For stays between 1 Jul & 30 Sep 2020

35% DISCOUNT – From R1524 p/night

The Atrium 30

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Valid until April 30 2020

 

Author: ANA Newswire