“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your bodyweight gets down to your goal-weight.
I only have five minutes
Everyone seems to think exercise for weight loss requires lots of long sessions in the gym to be effective. However, the ‘rule of anything’ applies to exercise, just like it applies to everything else. The rule?
ANYTHING is better than NOTHING.
So if you are not exercising because you only have five minutes, then I’ve got news for you – there’s a weight loss exercise programme you can do in four minutes. Perfect!
It’s called ‘Tabata’ after the Japanese inventor. It’s simple, and requires no equipment. All you need to do is:
- Choose a bodyweight exercise – options could include squats, push ups, sit ups, burpees, whatever.
- Then do that exercise for twenty seconds, and take a ten second break.
- Repeat eight times.
That’s four minutes, and by the end you’ll be spent. Try it. Tabata works amazingly well for increased fitness, weight loss, and also a bit of muscle-building too.
Use a clock or Tabata app. If you’re trusting yourself to count you’ll end up giving yourself longer breaks than you should, and remember, you only have five minutes!
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for weight loss: What if I skipped a few days?
- Exercise for weight loss: “How long must I exercise for?”
- Exercise for weight loss: What to do if you’re ‘older’
- Exercise for weight loss: Variety is the spice of life
- Exercise for weight loss: “But I don’t LIKE exercise!”
- Exercise for weight loss: Timing is key!
- Exercise for weight loss: Don’t take breaks in the gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Priority number one
- Exercise for weight loss: If you’re not dropping the kilos, you need to pick up the weights
- Exercise for weight loss: Get a little extra, for free
- Exercise for weight loss: Get your feet moving
- Exercise for weight loss: The ‘no equipment’ gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Walking is not sufficient exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What sore muscles really mean
- Exercise for weight loss – Let’s start at the very beginning
- Exercise for weight loss: The single step to kick-start your journey
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.