From keeping us fuller for longer, to helping banish wrinkles and keep hair glossy, we all know we need a little more protein in our diets…
Shop bought protein bars can be pricey, however, and packed with a bunch of added sugar and other ingredients we just don’t need. Fortunately, these make-at-home protein bars couldn’t be easier – and are super tasty too…
What you’ll need
You can actually play around with the overall recipe a little, especially when it comes to nut and dried fruit combos, but we recommend starting with this basic recipe first.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped dried bananas
- ¼ cup dried strawberries
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup gelatin powder or protein powder of choice
- pinch of coarse salt
What to do:
Don’t let the long ingredient list put you off – this recipe is super simple to assemble:
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and lightly oil.
- Combine all the fruits and nuts together, and scatter through the base of the dish.
- Now combine the liquids and oils together in a small saucepan and gently heat. When it’s warm and uniform, add your protein powder of choice.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the dried goods.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, and pop in the freezer. They’ll need an hour or so to set, and should be kept in the freezer.
With these easy, healthy treats at hand, getting your protein for the day couldn’t be easier.