“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your bodyweight gets down to your goal-weight.
“How long must I exercise for?”
How long do you need to exercise for every session to make weight loss most successful? Well, many people who ask this question don’t exercise at all, and they use time – or the lack thereof – as the reason for ignoring this critical component of their health and weight loss journey.
They think that because they only have twenty minutes available, they can’t possibly do anything productive, so they do nothing instead.
Well, here are 3 reasons that that’s not a good enough excuse:
1. You can do an AMAZING workout in twenty minutes (or less)
Try this: 10 air squats, 5 push ups, 10 sit-ups, 30 second plank. Repeat as many times as you can in twenty minutes. Tired? Pumped? Thought so.
2. You can MAKE time for exercise quite easily
Unless you’re waking up at 4am to get to work by 5am, and then working with no breaks until 9pm you CAN make time for some exercise. (If you ARE doing this, you need some life restructuring.) Get up a little earlier, go to bed a little later, and voila!, you have time to exercise. And it’ll actually add energy to your day too.
3. ANYTHING is better than NOTHING
This is the simple truth of everything (including exercise). If you can “only” do ten minutes of exercise, 5 days per week, by the end of the year you’ve done almost 45 hours of exercise. That’s a LOT better than zero hours, right? So do whatever you can.
The bottom line is that doing ANY exercise for any length of time is better than doing nothing! This will spur some additional weight loss, and give you the motivation to do more.
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for weight loss: What to do if you’re ‘older’
- Exercise for weight loss: Variety is the spice of life
- Exercise for weight loss: “But I don’t LIKE exercise!”
- Exercise for weight loss: Timing is key!
- Exercise for weight loss: Don’t take breaks in the gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Priority number one
- Exercise for weight loss: If you’re not dropping the kilos, you need to pick up the weights
- Exercise for weight loss: Get a little extra, for free
- Exercise for weight loss: Get your feet moving
- Exercise for weight loss: The ‘no equipment’ gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Walking is not sufficient exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What sore muscles really mean
- Exercise for weight loss – Let’s start at the very beginning
- Exercise for weight loss: The single step to kick-start your journey
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.