“Reality Check” is an article series which looks at common mistakes people make when they begin dieting for weight loss. We’ll check out some ‘thought adjustments’ that will help you make better choices on your journey. The articles include tips, new ideas to try, strategies to follow, and encouragement to keep you moving forward.
Ever heard these before?
- “I’m loving my new diet. I can eat whatever I want, and as much as I want, as long as I don’t eat any (insert EVIL food here).” REALLY?!
- “Dieting is all about WHEN you eat. Quantity has nothing to do with it, as long as you get the timing right.” REALLY?!
- “I can eat more now, and still lose weight, because I go to the gym three times per week to exercise, and THAT speeds up my metabolism.” REALLY?!
- “You don’t need to DIET to lose weight. Just exercise a bit, and be more positive, and you’ll slim down in no time.” REALLY?!
- “A diet doesn’t have to be tough. You just need to find the right pills and products and the weight loss will be almost automatic.” REALLY?!
- “My friend is doing this thing where she (insert weird activity here) once per day for 30 minutes, and she’s looking and feeling so much better – without even changing her food.” REALLY?!
Yes, these are the kinds of things people say (and therefore THINK) about dieting for weight loss.
These are the sorts of things we’ll work through in the coming weeks. And you’ll see that dieting IS simple. But not in the way that you THINK.
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.