“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your bodyweight gets down to your goal-weight.
Variety is the spice of life
Many, many well-meaning people who are trying to use exercise to lose weight eventually find the same thing – exercise can feel boring. Now, while everything in life doesn’t have to be FUN, it would be nice to feel at least a little bit of excitement when it comes to exercise, since otherwise it becomes just another boring thing you have to do all the time.
So how do you make exercise both effective and interesting?
Well, one way is to do a variety of things, rather than just one. And you can mix them up in all sorts of ways. If you are currently lifting weights, then try adding a couple of sessions of running (slow or fast) into your week.
If you are a cyclist, then maybe add some swims. If you are doing circuit training try making a circuit in a park, instead of going to the gym. Mix up the above in whatever way suits and excites you. The important thing is that your activity level stays high, you continue to build your strength and skills, and that you stay interested.
Another thing to look into is joining a sports club of some sort
Squash, tennis, badminton, soccer, cricket, Crossfit – whatever you were good at in school would be a good one to try first. This builds relationships into exercise, which motivates one to continue to get better and fitter while you also enjoy the company of your team mates.
Exercise must be done. How you do it, and how much you enjoy it is up to you.
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for weight loss: “But I don’t LIKE exercise!”
- Exercise for weight loss: Timing is key!
- Exercise for weight loss: Don’t take breaks in the gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Priority number one
- Exercise for weight loss: If you’re not dropping the kilos, you need to pick up the weights
- Exercise for weight loss: Get a little extra, for free
- Exercise for weight loss: Get your feet moving
- Exercise for weight loss: The ‘no equipment’ gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Walking is not sufficient exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What sore muscles really mean
- Exercise for weight loss – Let’s start at the very beginning
- Exercise for weight loss: The single step to kick-start your journey
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.