“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your bodyweight gets down to your goal-weight.
But I don’t LIKE exercise!
So, so many people have taken to this as their excuse for not exercising. They are overweight, and constantly moaning about their lack of weight loss. They are also physically ‘less-than-able’ to live a functional life – they struggle just to get off of their chair, or pick up moderately heavy things. They NEVER take the stairs, because if they do, they sweat so much it looks like they’ve been submerged in a swimming pool.
So when you talk to them about exercise they’ll begin with a long list of excuses, and if you deal with those well enough you’ll get the real answer: “But I don’t like to exercise”.
I’m sure we can invent a “thing” that helps us burn energy, and get fitter, stronger and healthier while sitting in front of the TV. I mean, humans are SO clever, right?
No. Exercise IS that thing.
And it’s REQUIRED by the body. Why? Because your normal daily life is so sedentary that your body doesn’t get the activity it needs for healthy operation without added exercise. That’s why. Your likes and dislikes are irrelevant.
You do get some choices, however.
You get to choose what you do (as long as it ticks the boxes of being tough, and regular). You also get to choose when, where and with whom you do that activity. And if you make those choices wisely you’ll find that likeable exercise does exist. You just need to think a little to make it happen.
Your dislike for exercise is a choice. You can change your choice to a better choice – to LIKE exercise enough to do it. You have to do it anyway, so it just makes sense to enjoy it too.
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for weight loss: Timing is key!
- Exercise for weight loss: Don’t take breaks in the gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Priority number one
- Exercise for weight loss: If you’re not dropping the kilos, you need to pick up the weights
- Exercise for weight loss: Get a little extra, for free
- Exercise for weight loss: Get your feet moving
- Exercise for weight loss: The ‘no equipment’ gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Walking is not sufficient exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What sore muscles really mean
- Exercise for weight loss – Let’s start at the very beginning
- Exercise for weight loss: The single step to kick-start your journey
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.