“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your bodyweight gets down to your goal-weight.
Priority number one
If you were going to try to become a good dancer, or a good knitter, or a good painter, or a good, well, anything really, you’d get a coach, right?
It makes sense. I mean, if you want to learn a skill, you’re going to find someone to teach it to you. Whether that person is a YouTube video maker, an author of self-help books, a university professor, or a private teacher, you’re going to sign up for some sort of lessons. And the better you want to be at your new skill, the more urgently you’re going to be looking for a good tutor.
So why don’t most people get movement lessons from a coach?
I mean, knitting isn’t potentially going to cause you long-term injury, but you’re getting lessons for that.
Even more confusing is that these same people can’t understand how they got injured in the gym doing a lift with a heavy weight and homemade technique.
So here’s the thing:
Priority number one, if you’re exercising for weight loss (or any other goal), is to learn how to do the type of exercise you want to do PROPERLY, so you get results quickly, and don’t hurt yourself.
This may not be a very encouraging thing to talk about, but it may save you time, money, and misery if you heed these words. Get a coach, exercise with good technique, and be happy. Just do it.
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for weight loss: If you’re not dropping the kilos, you need to pick up the weights
- Exercise for weight loss: Get a little extra, for free
- Exercise for weight loss: Get your feet moving
- Exercise for weight loss: The ‘no equipment’ gym
- Exercise for weight loss: Walking is not sufficient exercise
- Exercise for weight loss: What sore muscles really mean
- Exercise for weight loss – Let’s start at the very beginning
- Exercise for weight loss: The single step to kick-start your journey
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.