The Little Things That Make a Big Difference’ is an article series outlining weight loss and diet interventions that may seem insignificant, but can make a huge difference to the success of your diet plan.
The real ‘breakfast of champions’
So, as children we’re taught we can’t function properly unless we eat breakfast. Between parents, grandparents, dieticians and food companies the message is “thou shalt eat breakfast”.
Now, I’m not here to tell you that they are wrong… Well, not exactly. But what I am going to say is that if you are going to eat breakfast, then you should eat a healthy, high-protein breakfast like eggs (of some sort), or a protein shake, or a smoothie, or a steak.
You can have some wholegrains with that, but you really need to get the protein in for breakfast to help you with your diet goal of losing weight.
Why is protein so important?
Because the protein makes you full and satisfied, which means you don’t go looking for snacks every hour for the rest of the day.
BUT if you want to go without breakfast, then you can do this. (Research intermittent fasting, and see if it’s something you could do.)
Just don’t skip breakfast and then grab a muffin, cappuccino, and bag of crisps when the hunger pangs hit at 10am!
There’s no perfect eating timetable. Do what feels the best for you, within the realm of healthy foods in decent sized portions. Keep weighing yourself to make sure you’re on track, and adjust if not.
Take a look at the articles below for more information on the little things that make a big difference to your weight-loss goals:
- Little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Treat limits
- Little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: No milk, no sugar, thanks
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Comfy sleep
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Time
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Vitamin pills
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Black coffee & veggies