If you are going out of your way to eat more organic food, then you should consider adding a few organic products into other aspects of your life, including your make-up.
Organic make-up is becoming more popular internationally and in South Africa, and while we still have a limited range, it may be worth exploring.
Of course you’ve heard of organic lip balm, beeswax and edible lip gloss, but have you ever tried organic lipstick? With a larger range of colours and types than expected, organic lipstick is a great place to start, especially considering how much lipstick we probably end up actually ingesting.
Although they can be more expensive, organic lipsticks are made from oils like ghee, beeswax and coconut oil, which literally makes them edible and very, very moisturising. While you may not want to eat your lipstick, it’s nice to know you can.
- Lipstick wild honey 811, R302, SoulTree
- Benecos Natural Shiny Lip Colour Silky Tulip, R145, Faithful to Nature
- Lula Fox Lipstick temptress, R320, Faithful to Nature
- Couleur Caramel Pearly Lipstick – Shade 244 Matriochka Red, R269, Faithful to Nature
- Benecos Natural Lipstick Catwalk, R145, Faithful to Nature
Organic eye make-up
Around 12 thousand years ago ancient Egyptians lined their eyes with a khol-based, pen-shaped cosmetic. Today we call it eyeliner and it can be found in different forms in every make-up bag.
Eyeliner is used very close to your eyes, so you need to carefully consider the ingredients used to make your eyeliner and the effect it could have should it come into contact with your eye. If you have sensitive eyes, organic eye make-up might just be the solution you’re looking for to reduce any irritation or allergic reactions.
- Lula fox liquid liner black R360, Faithful to Nature
- Caribbean teal kajal R199, Soul Tree
- Hey Gorgeous Pure Wild Volumising Mascara, R139, Faithful to Nature
- Benecos Natural Quattro Eyeshadow Smokey Eyes, R149, Faithful to Nature
- Inthusiasm Trio Compact Eye Enhancers, R195, Faithful to Nature
- Benecos Natural Mono Eyeshadow Rose Quartz, R85, Faithful to Nature
- Inthusiasm Natural Charcoal Eye Pencils, R129, Faithful to Nature
A good foundation
Certified organic make-up is made from nothing but organic ingredients. Using organic make-up can decrease the amount of synthetic ingredients your skin passively absorbs into your blood stream.
Unfortunately, it’s quite difficult to find an organic foundation in darker tones as most organic make-up companies are yet to expand and include darker skin tones in their foundation ranges. If you’re unsure about buying foundation online, many companies will send you single-use samples to try out the colours first.
- Benecos natural light fluid foundation dune, R125, Faithful to Nature
- Juice beauty flawless serum foundation 23 medium tawny, R710, Faithful to Nature
- Lula Fox’s Oil-Free Foundation, R590, Faithful to Nature
- Zuii Flora liquid foundation, R494.45, Ecobeauty
Disclosure: At All4Women, we write about stuff we like and we think you’ll like too. Some of the links in this article are affiliate links from reputable companies, and at no cost to you, we earn commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking the link.