‘The Little Things That Make a Big Difference’ is an article series outlining weight loss and diet interventions that may seem insignificant, but can make a huge difference to the success of your diet plan.
So here’s the thing… When you’re on a diet you CAN have a treat every now-and-then.
But where most people fail at this is that they have a massive treat, and they have it too often! Essentially, if you want to do a successful diet that doesn’t look like a prison feeding-scheme menu, then you need to impose restrictions on your ‘off-diet’ adventures.
What are the important things to restrict?
1. Alcoholic beverages:
If you’re going to drink alcohol while on diet, then you need to choose from either wine, brandy (no mixer or sugar-free mixer), or whisky (with water). These are the drinks that are going to do the least damage to your calorie-intake.
Then you need to limit how much you’ll drink. I would set the limit at one glass of white wine, or two glasses of red, or a double brandy or whisky. Limit your drinking to one meal time per weekend day.
2. Sweets, cakes, junk foods:
A serving of any of these is around a quarter to half of what you’d usually have. If you’re eating a junk food as a meal, then have the smallest size available (NO upsize options!).
Sweets and baked goods are to be served in small quantity. You can have ONE of these options, once per week.
3. Soft drinks:
If you really love these, have a glass once per week.
If you can follow these restrictions there’s no reason for you not to still enjoy yourself on your diet. Easy, right?
Take a look at the articles below for more information on the little things that make a big difference to your weight-loss goals:
- Little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: No milk, no sugar, thanks
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Comfy sleep
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Time
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Vitamin pills
- The little things that make a big difference to your weight loss: Black coffee & veggies