Last updated on Jul 7th, 2020 at 02:41 pm
There are now many ways to save time and money. Whether you opt for a simple life hack or invest in a smart appliance, you can turn laundry days into easy days…
A new year is that wonderful time when many of us set our sights on great new beginnings, and, while saving the time that laundry and ironing takes away may not seem like a mind-blowing concept, it does make a difference.
“In January, more people embrace the opportunity to explore ways that enhance our lives”
“In January, more people embrace the opportunity to explore ways that enhance our lives. Which is why we’ve created a range of efficient and innovative machines tailored to the busy lives of our customers. They, along with a few simple tricks can make laundry a breeze,” says Tracy Gordon, Head of Product Marketing – Digital Appliances at Samsung South Africa.
Quick tips to save precious minutes
- If you don’t have time to iron your shirts, simply hang them in your bathroom while you take a hot shower. The steam will help release the wrinkles.
- Accidentally shrunk your favourite sweater? You can soak it in a solution of hair conditioner and warm water, then gently pull it back to its original size.
- Speed up the ironing! Place aluminium foil under your ironing board cover to cut ironing time in half.
- Swimsuit stretched out? Avoid the urge to wring out all the water. Instead lay it flat between a towel and roll it to remove excess water.
- No iron? Use a hair straightener to ease out minor wrinkles.
- Dry cleaner closed for the holidays! ‘Dry Clean Recommended’ clothing can be gently hand washed.
- Red wine stain? Try combating it with white wine.
- Gum in your clothing? Simply freeze it for a bit and then remove the gum.
Read more: Laundry mistakes you shouldn’t make
Washing machine innovations that save you time and money
Samsung has pioneered technologies within various washing machine models that make a difference. Samsung Ecobubble™ technology froths detergent with air and water, generating cleansing bubbles that penetrate fabrics and remove dirt up to 40 times faster than conventionally dissolved detergent*.
Forgotten a shirt? The Samsung Add Wash™ lets you simply and quickly add forgotten clothes after your cycle has already started. You can also easily pop in hand-washed clothes that you just want to rinse or spin dry.
The Samsung ActivWash+ washing machine comes with Wobble Technology that gives your clothes a powerful yet gentle wash. Its wobble pulsator generates a dynamic washing flow that helps wash off dirt and stain, and prevents tangling of clothes. Wobble Technology helps save up to 40% water and leaves clothes tangle free.