Start slow, don’t do too much and remember to chug as much water as you can!
Pregnancy puts extra strain on the joints and muscles in the lower back and the pelvis and increases the chance of losing balance. We all know how important exercise is during pregnancy, but being safe while training is just as important – if not more!
Here are some quick safety tips for those 40 weeks:
- Begin by warming up for five minutes and stretching for five minutes.
- Finish with five to 10 minutes of gradually slower exercise that ends with gentle stretching.
- Always wear loose-fitting clothes and a good support bra.
- Exercise on a flat surface.
- Wear supportive shoes.
Did you Know? During pregnancy your body needs more oxygen and energy
- Stay hydrated before, during and after your workout.
- Get up slowly and gradually to avoid dizziness.
- Avoid overheating and exercising in high humidity.
- Avoid heavy weightlifting and activities that require straining.
- Avoid activities that increase the risk of abdominal trauma.
- Never exercise to the point of exhaustion.