Last updated on Jul 7th, 2020 at 02:46 pm
Gone are the days when kitchen appliances were one dimensional stainless steel. No – today they are feature pieces in the kitchen and dark matt is a popular choice while retro appliances are making a strong comeback – as are bright coloured stoves.
Before you start any kitchen project (and introducing any of these trends) there are some basic considerations worth weighing in on:
- Only use a KSA (Kitchen Specialists Associated) registered company – this will protect you should things go wrong and you will have recourse and a means to recoup your losses. Shop around and ask for references while selecting your supplier.
- Set a budget limit – don’t over capitalise and don’t over extend yourself either.
- Consider how long you are staying in your home.
- If you have kids, make sure you choose a finish and layout that’s kid friendly.
- Consider your lifestyle and what your kitchen deliverables need to be.
While some of these micro trends are already here and being adopted, others will take time to be embraced. In the meantime, when it comes to kitchen trends to discard – things that are now dated – we suggest that you ditch chevron patterns, cherry wood and ornate cabinets. Classic clean lines are more in vogue.
For further advice on the hottest new kitchen trends – follow Dezign A Door on Facebook – or go to www.dezignadoor.co.za