Human behaviour expert Dr John Demartini gives some advice on how to feel younger – both physically and mentally.
1. If you are having difficulty appreciating your body the way it is, there is certainly nothing wrong with adding a few refinements or some polish.
It is unquestionable that a few refinements can make you feel more alive and once that begins on the outside, it often takes root on the inside. So either love yourself the way you are, or transform yourself into what you love.
2. Consider writing down a list of reasons why your body is beautiful the way it is. This helps you appreciate your next stage of evolution. Think of all the benefits of your current age and turn them to your advantage. When you value your body, so will others.
3. To increase your self-esteem physically, stand in front of the mirror and look for the things that you admire about yourself. When you can admire yourself, so will others. There is always someone who will match you and find you attractive.
4. To increase your vitality and energy levels, awaken a cause greater than yourself and your obstacles.
To be alive is to serve and reward others and yourself. As long as you can breathe and move a muscle, you can contribute to the world in some meaningful and significant way. This will renew your own spirit and revitalise your heart and soul. You will feel alive and younger.
To be alive is to serve and reward others and yourself. As long as you can breathe and move a muscle, you can contribute to the world in some meaningful and significant way
5. Slow down the physical aging process by constantly stretching your joints.
Breathe deeply, eat wisely and moderately, drink plenty of water, keep moving, take high priority daily actions that are inspiring, serve others, and plan your life the way you would love it to be, and you will add years to your life and life to your years. If you keep maintaining your body, it will function much more smoothly than if you neglect it.
6. There is no doubt that high levels of emotional stress can accelerate the physical aging process. Stress is a feedback mechanism to make you aware that your perceptions and emotions are unbalanced. Ensure a longer life with emotional stability, consistency and a moderate lifestyle.
5. If your attitude is that you are too old to start something new, then I guess your body will make your prophecy come true.
You decide how old or how young you are going to be. Many older people have regrets that they did not achieve what they wanted to from their life and they mourn lost opportunities. The truth is that, if you truly wanted to do so many things, then you would have done them.
Honour what you have done instead of dishonouring what you haven’t done
6. Anything you can’t say thankyou for in your life will run your life until you become grateful for it. Try making a list of how whatever you have done has served you and others. Don’t stop compiling that list until you can look in the mirror and be grateful for who you are and for what you have achieved so far.
For more information, visit www.drdemartini.com