Warm, delicious and with a heavenly smell, these mixed herb spicy nuts are the perfect dish to whip up as the party gets started.
It’s not a make-ahead dish, though, as you’ll want to eat it warm… but don’t worry, it couldn’t be simpler!
First, you’ll need your nuts – and feel free to customise. Pecans, almonds and walnuts (as well as Brazil nuts) have a great, firm texture and provide a great contrast to any flavouring, but experiment and find your perfect signature mix.
You’ll want them all unsalted, as you are roasting your own blend, and bear in mind that smaller nuts will need less roasting time than large ones.
What you’ll need:
- 3 or 4 cups of your nut blend
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, or coconut/olive oil
- 1 tbsp each of rosemary, sage, thyme
- ? tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp quality maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
What to do:
- Pre-grease a baking sheet, lay out the nuts and toast them in a 180-degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix everything else together over low heat in a pan.
- Toss the nuts in a bowl through the melted herb mix until well coated and serve while warm.
Delicious, unusual and simple to make, this is an excellent snack to welcome guests into your home.