If you’re planning a staycation this summer, spoil yourself by making your boudoir look and feel like a five-star bedroom…
There is something indulgent about slipping into an elegant five-star hotel bed, and the good news is that you can create a five-star bedroom at home.
Here are two ways to create a stylish and luxurious bedroom, as advised by the design experts at Volpes.
For this look, choose your favourite colour to be the focal point. By combining solid colours together you can make a very elegant statement. We chose a trendy grey duvet cover set with natural cream shades to build the final look.
- Furniture: For this room, you can try lamp tables rather than a traditional pedestal for something different.
- Accessories: Gold lamps and oversized white vases with large cuttings of greenery create a simple yet very stylish look.
- Décor tip: If you’re adventurous, paint your room to match the colour of the hero duvet set. We painted our room grey to match the linen. Subtle lighting on the pedestals will really give this room a romantic ambience.
For an opulent and luxurious look, nothing beats the sheer elegance of all white linens.
Luxury pure cotton 200, 300 and 600 thread counts will enhance the five-star feeling, but if you are on a budget or need a more hardworking fabric, the same effect can be created with a 144 polycotton duvet cover set.
- Furniture: A solid heavy looking pedestal with a fabric headboard is essential to building this look. Add metallic lamps, greenery and a touch of your personality with a favourite photo in a stylish frame on each side of the bed.
- Accessories: A textured luxurious throw folded neatly at the foot of the bed adds the final touch along with velvet textured scatters that we placed behind the pillows. Symmetrical pictures in black and white will round off the look.
- Décor tip: Dark moody walls will really give you the look of a luxury hotel.