Whether it’s a way to warm up on a cold night, a simple no-fuss dish when you’re frazzled, or a healthy way to indulge in comfort food, there’s one recipe every adult needs to know.
Whether you call it ‘chilli’, ‘mince’ or ‘stew’, this one-dish-wonder tastes great, needs very little cooking and can even be made healthy too – it’s a win/win!
What you’ll need:
- Eat meat? Grab a packet of mince. Vegetarian? Opt for lentils instead
- A little oil for frying
- Sliced onion and diced pepper
- One tin of chopped tomato
- Beans of choice: Black, Pinto, Sugar and even a tin of baked beans all work
- Corn, green beans or other small veggies to taste
- ½ teaspoon of cumin, chilli, curry powder and/or paprika, blended to suit you
What to do:
This couldn’t be easier.
- Fry the onions and peppers lightly until they start to look soft and glassy, seasoning lightly.
- If you’re using meat, add that to fry up now, using about ? of the spice blend.
- Now add the can of tomatoes and the rest of your spice mix to the pan.
- Add the beans and lentils, alongside the other veggies, and leave to simmer and melt together.
It’s ready to serve with cheese, rice, diced herbs or any other side dish you want to add to the mix.
Delicious, healthy and tasty!