Disney’s High School Musical: a worldwide phenomenon 

South African youth led the way at the box-office this past weekend by propelling Disneyâ??s HSM3: Senior Year to the top of the weekend box-office at countrywide sneak previews â?? ahead of the filmâ??s official release on 31 October 2008.

Itâ??s Go Wildcats Go, as Disneyâ??s High School Musical 3: Senior Year has danced its way into the record books, becoming Disneyâ??s highest opening film ever in South Africa. A worldwide phenomenon, Disneyâ??s HSM3: Senior Year did a gross box-office of R1.4m in 2 days of sneak previews â?? breaking records along the way.

Swooning, rocking and singing 

Families and Teenagers cheered, swooned, sang and rocked to the amazing, larger-than-life song-and-dance numbers being experienced for the first time on the big screen. Nearly 200 000 fans of Troy and Gabriella have visited cinemaâ??s across South Africa, proving that this Disney Musical  will continue to spread its charm and magic throughout the December holiday period.
Written and directed by Emmy Award® winner Kenny Ortega, Disneyâ??s High School Musical 3: Senior Year features amazing dance routines and several original new songs, which feature on the soundtrack, which  is now available in South Africa and has already gone Gold.

Subscribe to our Free Daily All4Women Newsletter to enter

Starring teen heartthrob, Zac Efron, and his real-life sweetheart, Vanessa Hudgens, High School Musical 3 also features the rest of the cast that have made the High School Musical films so popular around the world. Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabeel and Monique Coleman are all back and will sing and dance their way into many a teenage heart as they celebrate at the prom, take the stage for their summer musical and, of course, graduate!

HSM 3: Senior Year  explodes in song and dance

Look out for Karaoke prints to be released at select sites soon, ensuring no end to the fun, dancing and singing at a cinema near you! High School Musical 3: Senior Year  explodes in song and dance at cinemas on the 31st October, 2008.