Looking for a new twist on an old favourite? Why not try these delicious glazed carrots tonight?
What you’ll need:
- Lemon Juice
- Enough carrots for each portion
- Optional: Cinnamon, ginger etc to taste
What to do
This recipe is very adjustable, so you can’t really go wrong. Make sure that, when melted, the butter will be enough to cover the carrots, and you can tweak the sweetness and acidity to suit your taste buds.
- Dice or slice your carrots, and place them on the stove to cook through while you melt the butter slowly over a low heat.
- Add the sugar, and allow to melt fully into the butter to form a warm glaze.
- When the carrots are ready, strain them and add to the pan, stirring thoroughly to coat everything.
- When everything is thoroughly mixed, toss a little lemon juice through the dish to lift the flavour.
- If you’d like, dust in a little cinnamon or ginger before serving.
Voila- a new take on an old favourite!