There’s nothing better to finish up a braai then a delectable sweet treat – and this one can be made as simply as you’d like. Your guests are bound to love it, too!
The quick and easy method
- Snag a jar of Nutella, and a pre-mixed packet of bread dough. (If you can’t find the premix, a puff pastry roll will do the trick too).
- Don’t forget a packet of marshmallows!
- Simply fold dough balls around a hefty serving of Nutella with a marshmallow at the centre, or create a puff pastry envelope the same way.
- Slap on a coolish braai for 15-20 minutes, and a delectable treat will be yours.
Take it to another level
- Looking for more of a challenge? Instead of Nutella, mix together some warmed heavy cream with a packet of chocolate chips to form a thick, gooey chocolate filling.
- Make a sweet dough of your choice, and flatten dough balls into circles.
- Add the marshmallow, seal the dough and you’re ready to go.
- Most raw bread-based doughs will need about 20-30 minutes to cook on a braai.
What’s not to love about this simple, sweet treat?