Last updated on Jul 7th, 2020 at 03:48 pm
You probably have a wok lurking in your cupboard somewhere, but does it get the use it deserves? With this tasty treat under your belt, we’ll bet it will be in weekly use soon!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken breasts, stripped or diced
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- ¾ sugar peas, edamame or green peas out of the shell
- 2 cups pre-cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup roast cashews, diced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Heat your oil and lightly pan-fry the chicken. When it’s almost ready, add the onions, peas and pepper.
- Then throw in the rice.
- Create a ‘well’ in the middle of the mix to drop the uncooked egg into, then stir thoroughly after a vigorous scrambling.
- Add the remaining ingredients including the soy sauce, toss together well and allow to heat and blend.
Delicious, light and simple: what more could you ask for for a mid-week showstopper?