For four days from September 19-22, the Durban ICC and surrounds will be transformed into a fashion extravaganza for the seventh annual Durban Fashion Fair with its 2018 theme – “AfroFuturism” – which forms part of the main Durban Business Fair…
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Durban Business Fair, eThekwini Mayor Zandile Gumede, is thrilled to have the city hosting over 40 designers, many local fashion talents, invited designers, as well as nine creatives from the African continent, who will all be showcasing their creations at the #DFF2018
Designers showcasing their talents at the Durban Fashion Fair include:
- 2018 DFF Mentees (18:00)
- Markham (19:00)
- Mo’ Creations & Couture (Zambia); Eve-O (Zimbabwe); Modesta (20:00)
- Palse and Duke – Clothe Your Soul (21:00)
Emerging designers include:
- Cherish by Carita Adams; Whimzical by Black Bear Kouture; Emerikay; Emmanuel Titito; Indoni Fashion House; Martin John; Maurice Hozi; Messrs Basswood; Vyagor Louvre; Thandeka Madikizela (18:00)
- Azee Tanzi; Mita-N Dzyns; MorQ Designs by Warren Morck (19:00)
- Yordi Designs (Ethiopa); Rodrig Couture (Cameroon); Jacqui Emmanuel (20:00)
- Amanda Laird Cherry/ALC (21:00)
- Diva Designs by Brenda Quin; Noice (22:00)
- LT Peculiar Couture (Gaborne); Nivaldo Thierry (Mozambique) (18:00)
- Samma Collections (Burundi); Clemas Couture (Nigeria); House of Saint Luke (19:00)
- Eullue and KarenMonkKlijnstra (20:00)
- Quame Owusu (Ghana) and Chulaap (21:00)
- Treasure Cindi and Zarth (22:00)
- Zaviar Fashions; Plus Supreme Collections; Black Pepper (19:00)
- DFF Fashion Recognition Awards (20:00)
Interactive panel discussion
There’ll be a peek into the nitty gritty ‘business of fashion’ with an interactive panel discussion in the ICC’s Hall 1 on Friday, September 21 between 9.30am and 12 noon.
This will feature leading industry players within the fashion related industry including:
- Sasha Wyatt-Minter (Editor: www.all4women.co.za)
- Dimeji Alara (Fashion Director: ELLE South Africa)
- Masana Chikeka (Programme Manager: Design at the National Department of Arts and Culture)
- Nthato Mashishi (Celebrity make-up artist) and Mandy Swart a TFG Buying Manager for Markham.
The panel discussion topic will focus on “Building a brand in the Fashion Industry” followed by a Q&A session – which will be facilitated by TV & Radio personality, Anele Mdoda.
Admission is free for the panel discussion!
Anele Mdoda will also be hosting the 2018 DFF Recognition Awards on Saturday, September 22
This fashion-forward evening will recognise the Durban Fashion Legend of the Year, the Best Ladies’ Wear Collection, the Best Menswear Collection, the Next Generation/ Emerging Durban Designer of the year, the Fashion Innovator and the Collection of the Week. Three rising stars – our top three 2018 mentees – will also be identified.
Guests can also look forward to the Fashion Business Award, the DFF New Faces Award, the Best African Designer Collection Award and, last but not least, the Durban Designer of the Year Award.
Tickets & bookings
Tickets are R100 per person per show with students paying R50 per show (Sept 19/20/21) and for the Recognition Awards (Sept 22), tickets cost R200 per person with students paying R100.
Tickets can be purchased at webtickets.co.za or at your nearest Pick n Pay outlets.
See you at the DFF catwalk!