How to balance your diet’ is an article series all about achieving balance in your diet, and what that looks (and tastes) like. It’s a common phrase, but what does it mean, and how do you do it? Find out here.
Go back to the simple way
We are all human (even your weird neighbour!), and so we all have the same basic nutritional needs in order to be healthy, functional people. Our bodies all work pretty much the same way, and besides our personal likes and dislikes there aren’t really any foods that certain humans SHOULD eat while other humans should avoid them… (unless you’re allergic to nuts!)
So why do we have this weird idea that only certain diets will work with certain people? And that our diet should be unique to us… The truth is that there really is only one general diet that could work for pretty much the entire human race (if we were disciplined enough to stick to it!)
I think that there is a diet that is generally good for the human race
This diet comes from the times when we were forced – due to lack of technology and the agricultural industry – to wander around the wilderness, gathering food for ourselves.
This diet was mostly fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and some starch (because they grow by themselves and don’t run away when you try to catch them), fish (easier to catch than land animals), and then some animal products once in a while (when you were fast enough to hunt successfully.
Remember also, that anything you caught would be shared, so catching a rabbit meant you may get one quarter or less.
We drank water. Maybe milk at some point too, but rarely.
This is still the balanced way for humans to eat. It’s healthy, and it’s NOT going to make you fat. You are a HUMAN by species. Eat like one.
This is the way forward. The simple way.
This is how balance can be achieved while living a predominantly healthy and active lifestyle. You don’t have to be BORING to be on diet!
- How to balance your diet: Prioritise YOUR life
- How to balance your diet: Celebrate good times, come on!
- How to balance your diet: Sometimes you have to put yourself FIRST
- How to balance your diet: THIS is the most important thing to focus on
- How to balance your diet: Don’t eat more just because you’re exercising
- How to balance your diet: Eat ‘pudding’
- How to balance your diet: Deprivation kills motivation
- How to balance your diet: When you fail to stick to the plan
- How to balance your diet: Let’s have a party!
- How to balance your diet: Is cheating EVER okay?
- How to balance your diet: Figuring out the best of the worst
- How to balance your diet: The fitness seesaw
- How to balance your diet: Balance your timeframes
- How to balance your diet: Embrace your inner frugavore
- How to balance your diet: Just one more drink?
- How to balance your diet: What happens on the weekend…
- How to balance your diet: When it all goes pear-shaped
- How to balance your diet: New series on achieving balance
- How to balance your diet: Liquids & solids
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.