How to balance your diet’ is an article series all about achieving balance in your diet, and what that looks (and tastes) like. It’s a common phrase, but what does it mean, and how do you do it? Find out here.
Prioritise YOUR life
One of the only ways to feel truly balanced in your diet is to have a very good idea of what is most important in YOUR life. And no-one can make this decision for you.
Your priority list will determine who is impacted by your diet choices.
For example, if you decide that diet is the most important thing in your life, then when your mom bakes you a cake, and comes to visit you, you will have to refuse to eat any cake. That may break her heart if she doesn’t fully understand your process. But you have to stick to your guns, because otherwise it’s open season and compromise time.
Obviously, there are things that can be done to minimise the hurts that your diet could cause. The first thing you should do is explain the diet-process to the people who are important to you. You are not asking for permission, just letting them know what to expect. And it’s not forever either.
My priority is family first
My number one priority has always been family, so they are the only people who get to influence my diet. I stick to the diet plan as best I can, but I sometimes make small concessions if I feel like it’d be meaningful to someone. Everyone else can deal with a bit of disappointment for the sake of my goals.
You NEED to make your own list of priorities. You need to make it for the sake of feeling balanced on your diet plan. Because without it you won’t know when to say ‘Yes’ and when to say ‘No’ which will mean you’ll say ‘Yes’ all the time. That’s not balanced.
This is how balance can be achieved while living a predominantly healthy and active lifestyle. You don’t have to be BORING to be on diet!
- How to balance your diet: Celebrate good times, come on!
- How to balance your diet: Sometimes you have to put yourself FIRST
- How to balance your diet: THIS is the most important thing to focus on
- How to balance your diet: Don’t eat more just because you’re exercising
- How to balance your diet: Eat ‘pudding’
- How to balance your diet: Deprivation kills motivation
- How to balance your diet: When you fail to stick to the plan
- How to balance your diet: Let’s have a party!
- How to balance your diet: Is cheating EVER okay?
- How to balance your diet: Figuring out the best of the worst
- How to balance your diet: The fitness seesaw
- How to balance your diet: Balance your timeframes
- How to balance your diet: Embrace your inner frugavore
- How to balance your diet: Just one more drink?
- How to balance your diet: What happens on the weekend…
- How to balance your diet: When it all goes pear-shaped
- How to balance your diet: New series on achieving balance
- How to balance your diet: Liquids & solids
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.