The last thing you need in your life is a messy closet. That’s just bad feng shui (and you’ll never be able to find anything).
With spring on the way it’s a great time to share our top 10 tips for organising your closet the smart way:
1. Shoe boxes make great organizers. Instead of letting them take up space, use them to store everything from jewellery to sunglasses and scarves.
2. If the shoebox doesn’t work or you don’t have space for them, tie all your scarves around a hanger.
3. Hang t-shirts upright. Folding seems like it saves space but by hanging t-shirts you can actually see them a lot better and it is less of a struggle and a mess to find the one you want to wear.
4. Don’t throw away empty egg containers – use them to store rings and earrings instead.
5. If you don’t have any built-in cupboards in your home and want to save cash, buy simple wall racks and easy to install hangers.
Read more: Make-up storage tricks for every woman
6. Store your most-used items at eye level, less-used items below, and least-used items up high.
7. Use an umbrella stand to hold odd items like yoga mats and other odds and ends. Use boxes, cubbies, tiered shelves or a hanging organiser to sort shoes.
8. Use vertical space, both above and below the closet rod, to create more storage space. You can also use hooks to create extra space when you hang them inside the closet.
9. Make more room in your closet by storing out-of-season clothes in boxes up high or under the bed. Or use suitcases to store out-of-season linens, blankets, or bulky sweaters.
10. Remember, colour coding your wardrobe makes finding things easier.