Did you know that National Cheesecake Day was celebrated on 30 July 2018?! But cheesecake lovers don’t need a specific day or occasion to indulge in a slice (or three) of this creamy, decadent dessert…
Cheesecake is not the same if it’s not creamy to perfection – that’s why incorporating Philadelphia Cream Cheese into the mix will ensure just that. Your favourite cream cheese is now back on shelves countrywide.
For a match made in baking heaven, why not whip up a delicious classic fridge cheesecake using Philadelphia Cream Cheese? It’s super easy to make, AND is guaranteed to impress family and friends with its indulgent texture and taste.
Follow this simple recipe below, or watch this short video: “A match made in baking heaven!”
For the crumbled base:
- 1 pack of crushed tea-biscuits
- 100 grams of butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup of water
For the perfectly matched mixture:
- 1 small tub of plain yoghurt
- 300 grams of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Instructions: Just a few steps to indulgence
- Mix the crushed biscuits with butter and water until smooth. Place the biscuit mix in the cheesecake tray. Chill it in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the mixture.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together and pour it over the chilled biscuit base. Place the tray in the oven at medium temperature for 15 minutes.
- After cooling at room temperature, chill the tray in the fridge for three hours or more.
- Serve the cheesecake cold.
- Add strawberries, cherries or raspberries for added décor and a fruity flavour.
Loads of uses for Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Philadelphia Cream Cheese can also be used in a wide range of other dishes including a pasta sauce, brownies, whipped cream, ice cream or just on its own as a savoury chip dip with sweet chilli sauce!
Find Philadelphia Cream Cheese, in 250gm blocks at Woolworths, Pick n Pay and select Checkers stores countrywide.
Follow #ItMustBeThePhilly on social media for more scrumptious recipes and baking ideas.