Try this healthy twist on mac and cheese or cute butterfly quesadillas to encourage your little fusspot to enjoy food…
Are you struggling to get your toddler to eat at mealtimes? Fussy eaters will love these fun recipes.
Butternut mac and cheese
- 250g butternut cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- Sunflower oil, for drizzling
- 250g wholewheat macaroni
- 2/3 cup hot milk
- ½ cup Cheddar, grated, plus extra for topping
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Scatter the butternut and carrot on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Season.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain.
- Blitz the veggies, milk, cheese and turmeric until a sauce forms. Season.
- Mix through the pasta and serve scattered with extra cheese.
- 1½ cups mozzarella, grated
- 1½ cups roast chicken
- 4 small wholewheat or seeded wraps
- ½ cup peas
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, cut into 8 x 4cm sticks
- Sweet chilli or tomato sauce, to serve (optional)
- Scatter the mozzarella and chicken over half the wraps and sandwich with the remaining wraps.
- Working with one at a time, toast in a frying pan on medium high for about two minutes each side until mozzarella has melted. Cut each into eight wedges.
- Place about 12 peas into four lines on serving plates and top with two carrot sticks and two tomato halves.
- Arrange four quesadillas wedges on the sides as wings to each. Serve with sweet chilli or tomato sauce.
The post ‘2 quick and easy Monday night dinner ideas for fussy eaters’ appeared first on Living and Loving.