How to balance your diet’ is an article series all about achieving balance in your diet, and what that looks (and tastes) like. It’s a common phrase, but what does it mean, and how do you do it? Find out here.
THIS is the most important thing to focus on
Going on a diet (and trying to do it in a balanced way) means there’s a lot to think about.
If you want to be successful you need to eat the right quantities of the right type of food while drinking sufficient fluids and getting enough nutrients. Then you need to exercise regularly, sleep peacefully and adequately, take care of stress, get off as much medication as possible, limit your toxin intake, and make sure you are still able to be a decent human.
But what if all of that doesn’t fit into your real life every now-and-then?
What’s the one thing you REALLY have to get right if you want to lose weight in a less-than-ideal time?
You see, eating too much, even if you get everything else right, will make weight loss pretty tough at best. You MUST control the number of calories going into your system if you want to have a hope of losing weight.
Especially if you aren’t able to choose the exact foods you are eating (although this should seldom be the case). Quantity is the most important factor in weight loss. You can’t out-exercise too many calories. You can’t out-sleep them or out-think them either.
So if you are feeling helpless, out of control and overwhelmed by your complex weight loss plan then scale it back and just think about eating LESS. It’s the one thing that you can control really easily, and it’s the one thing that’ll work the best.
This is how balance can be achieved while living a predominantly healthy and active lifestyle. You don’t have to be BORING to be on diet!
- How to balance your diet: Don’t eat more just because you’re exercising
- How to balance your diet: Eat ‘pudding’
- How to balance your diet: Deprivation kills motivation
- How to balance your diet: When you fail to stick to the plan
- How to balance your diet: Let’s have a party!
- How to balance your diet: Is cheating EVER okay?
- How to balance your diet: Figuring out the best of the worst
- How to balance your diet: The fitness seesaw
- How to balance your diet: Balance your timeframes
- How to balance your diet: Embrace your inner frugavore
- How to balance your diet: Just one more drink?
- How to balance your diet: What happens on the weekend…
- How to balance your diet: When it all goes pear-shaped
- How to balance your diet: New series on achieving balance
- How to balance your diet: Liquids & solids
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.