Whether you need to save time in the kitchen or eat healthier, here are some practical tips to help you meal prep for the week in just an hour…
Does making dinner feel like a mission and have you been relying on takeout more than you’d like to admit?
If you want to take the schlep out of weeknight meals, eat healthier and save money, meal prepping could be the answer.
In the following video, registered dietitian and nutritionist Sadia, from the YouTube channel Pick Up Limes, shares her top tips for healthy meal prep. What’s more, she says that this can all be done in about an hour.
The take-home tips:
- Batch prep onions – Use a food processor to chop them and then brown in them in a non-stick pan.
- Cut, peel garlic and refrigerate garlic
- Batch cook grains, like lentils and store in the fridge
- Make hummus using chickpeas – click here for a recipe
- Peel, chop and refrigerate vegetables
- Freeze chopped bananas for smoothies
- Make your own granola/muesli for breakfasts and snacks
Related: 4 Dietitian approved winter dinners