Why we love Instagram
At All4Women, we love beautiful pics – whether they’re images of food, dreamy travel destinations, cute kittens or hot fashion. And Instagram lets us add filters to make them even prettier, or turn them into slideshows or videos. And it’s so #easy that even your gran can become an instant Instagrammer!
The rapid rise of Instagram
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It was launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS. A version for Android devices was released two years later, in April 2012, followed by a feature-limited website interface in November 2012, and apps for Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 in April 2016 and October 2016 respectively.
What can you do on Instagram?
- The app allows you to to upload photos and videos to the service, which can be edited with various filters, and organised with tags and location information.
- Your posts can be shared publicly or with pre-approved followers.
- You can browse other users’ content by tags and locations, and view trending content.
- You can “like” photos, and follow other users to add their content to a feed.
#GettingGoing now – download Instagram and follow All4Women for some awesome inspiration
How to download Instagram:
For Android users: Download Instagram here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.android
Apple users can download the app at https://itunes.apple.com/za/app/instagram/id389801252?mt=8
Once you have Instagram installed on your phone, tablet or computer, you can choose who to follow: with All4Women being the first of course! https://www.instagram.com/all4womensa/
- Searching with #hashtags – and adding them to your own pics is a great way to find pics and posts – and to get followers for your pics too
- Adding filters to your pics really makes them pop – so you can look like a pro photographer even if your phone doesn’t have the greatest camera
- Collages look really cool when you have a few pics to post – and are really easy to create.
- You can also post a ‘slideshow’ of a few single images
- There are loads of effects you can add – and Instagram Stories and videos are features where you can get creative
- Spend some time playing around on Instagram to see what you can do – and if you want to know anything, ask a teenager nearby – or even a 10-year-old!
Did you know: Instagram (@instagram) is the most-followed user on Instagram (241 million followers)
Initially a purely photo-sharing service, Instagram incorporated 15-second video sharing in June 2013. In March 2016, Instagram increased the 15-second video limit to 60 seconds and albums were introduced in February 2017, which allow up to 10 minutes of video to be shared in one post.
IGTV – Instagram’s latest feature
IGTV is a vertical video application launched by Instagram in June 2018. Basic functionality is also available within the Instagram app and website.
IGTV allows uploads of up to 10 minutes in length with a file size of up to 650 MB, with verified and popular users allowed to upload videos of up to 60 minutes in length with a file size of up to 5,4 GB. The app automatically begins playing videos as soon as it is launched, which CEO Kevin Systrom contrasted to video hosts where one must first locate a video.
In 2016, Instagram launched Instagram Stories, a feature that allows users to take photos, add effects and layers, and add them to their Instagram story. Images uploaded to a user’s story expire after 24 hours.
In November of that year, Instagram added live video functionality to Instagram Stories, allowing users to broadcast themselves live, with the video disappearing immediately after ending
Source: Wikipedia and Sasha Wyatt-Minter