How to balance your diet’ is an article series all about achieving balance in your diet, and what that looks (and tastes) like. It’s a common phrase, but what does it mean, and how do you do it? Find out here.
When you fail to stick to the plan
Dieting successfully is about following a plan, come hell or high water. If you can follow the plan for a high-enough percentage of the time, then you’re going to be successful. Anything less than about 90% compliance, and your weight loss success will become a bit of a lottery. You’ll still lose some weight, but it may come off very slowly.
But what if the plan isn’t follow-able on certain days?
What if you just CAN’T stick to things for a day? How do we find balance in what may feel like chaos?
Well, when you can’t stick to the plan, then balance comes from taking a stress-free approach and finding the second best plan to stick to. You see, just because you can’t do the BEST plan doesn’t mean you HAVE TO go in the total opposite direction. You can find a place in between those extremes and make peace with yourself that you are doing the best you can – because in life, sometimes that’s all you can do.
Your diet is NOT the most important thing that is happening in your life
As much as that may be nice, it’s just not true. There are many other things that will demand your attention, often for good reason, and your diet will have to take a back seat. That’s okay.
Just don’t ditch your diet completely because you can’t give it the attention it deserves ON THAT SPECIFIC DAY.
Find a happy medium, and roll with that until the plan becomes do-able again.
This is how balance can be achieved while living a predominantly healthy and active lifestyle. You don’t have to be BORING to be on diet!
- How to balance your diet: Let’s have a party!
- How to balance your diet: Is cheating EVER okay?
- How to balance your diet: Figuring out the best of the worst
- How to balance your diet: The fitness seesaw
- How to balance your diet: Balance your timeframes
- How to balance your diet: Embrace your inner frugavore
- How to balance your diet: Just one more drink?
- How to balance your diet: What happens on the weekend…
- How to balance your diet: When it all goes pear-shaped
- How to balance your diet: New series on achieving balance
- How to balance your diet: Liquids & solids
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.