Last updated on Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Local actor Sthembiso ‘SK’ Khoza is in trouble with the law after months of unpaid child support led to a warrant for his arrest being issued

According to this weekend’s Sunday World, Khoza was due in family court on the 24th of May after failing to make his obligatory child support payments for over six months.

The paper goes on to say that Khoza failed to appear in court on the day and the warrant for his arrest was issued soon afterwards.

The news was confirmed by the NPA’s spokesperson, Phindi Mjonondwane, who shared a quote with Sunday World that read: “I can confirm that a warrant for his arrest was issued on May 24 for failing to attend a maintenance hearing in court.”

The paper also managed to speak to Khoza’s baby mama, who revealed that she had no intention of seeing the actor suffer. She was simply taking necessary measures to ensure that he keeps his promise and pays for his child’s needs:

Subscribe to our Free Daily All4Women Newsletter to enter

“I took him to court last year to force him to pay maintenance for our child; he did so but stopped about six months ago. I’m not doing this because I’m after him, but because I want him to do what he is supposed to do for his own child.”

The mother chose to remain anonymous, in order to protect both her identity and that of her child. However, she added that she didn’t want any of this money for herself

“I personally want nothing to do with him because I have moved on with my life. I’m a businesswoman and I make my own money.

“But this doesn’t mean that I should just let him be a papgeld dodger simply because people would think that I’m trying to get back at him.

“He calls me and thanks me for bearing him a son but he doesn’t care what the boy eats or drinks. That’s hypocrisy.”

SK Khoza’s publicist, Justine Abrahams, refused to be drawn on the matter when she was contacted for comment.

Instead she revealed that as soon as the actor is issued with the warrant for his arrest, they will leave it in the hands of his legal team: “As soon as this is presented to him, we will ensure an attorney handles the situation. At this time, however, due to such uncertainties regarding this case, SK is unable to make any comment,”

What is the best way to deal with fathers who don’t want to pay for or contribute to their children’s upbringing?