Last updated on Mar 11th, 2021 at 09:28 am
Being content with who you are can be challenging, life is full of its challenges and many of us are just taking things one day at a time.
By Helen Harimbi
Leadership coach, Lebogang George, says the best thing about life is that where you are right now is not where you will be tomorrow. “Some of the best moments of our lives are still ahead and we must look forward to each day,” she says. But, where do you start?
1. Positivity. Bad thoughts can manifest negativity in your life. One way to curb this habit is to speak out loud and positively about yourself and your situation. When you think negatively it makes your situation seem worse and you don’t take any positive steps to change things. You accept defeat and continue to feel sorry for yourself.
2. Gratitude. Once you take note of your thoughts, express gratitude for what you have. This will have a ripple effect on other areas in your life. Make a list of all the things your are grateful for, then change them into positive affirmations about your life.
3. Be Glam. The cliché goes: when you look good, you feel good. You don’t need a celebrity salary to look glamorous – take care of your skin and go second-hand shopping. While it’s good to aspire to a certain look, celebrities’ lives come with their own problems and challenges. Focus on your own success.
Read more: 5 Ways to boost your happiness in 2018
4. Be active. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins. These are chemicals that kick-start a positive feeling in your body, making you feel happy. Whether it’s a Sunday stroll or rigorous routine at the gym, find any form of exercise that you enjoy.
5. Seek help. People are stuck in a rut because they do not acknowledge that change can bring about growth. A change that is perceived as bad can have negative consequences. Also, remember that failure is a much-needed step to success. If you still feel despondent, seek professional help.