Make sure you have your desk stocked with a few essential beauty products for those beauty emergencies, and to make sure you stay looking just as good as you did when you left home.
We’re sure your desk has drawers full of the usual office supplies like pens, highlighters, staples and Post-its. You may even have some of your gym gear on hand in case you forget anything at home, but these are the 10 essential beauty products you should keep at your work desk.
Read more: What is K-beauty and why is it awesome?
1. Face wipes
Wipes are really useful as they can clean up any spills on your desk or your new blouse just before a big meeting and, of course, they can keep your face feeling fresh and clean. This is a great beauty product to have at your desk, especially if you fit in a quick yoga session during lunch.
- Johnsons Daily Essentials face wipes, R50, Dischem
- Nivea face perfect & radiant micellar cleansing wipes, R63, Dischem
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing facial wipes, R86, Clicks
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost facial wipes, R100, Clicks
2. Hand cream
Looking after your hands during the workday is important, especially with winter approaching. Make sure your hands stay nicely moisturised and soft with some of our faves.
- Sorbet Balancing Hand & Nail Cream, R37, Clicks
- The Body Shop Shea Hand Cream, R61, Clicks
- Good Stuff Hand Cream 75ml Nourish & Flourish, R23, Dischem
3. Lip balm
One of the most important beauty products to have on hand all day long is without a doubt, lip balm. Air conditioners can really be dehydrating, so keep cracks away with one of these beauty buys.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Hydrate, R48, Clicks
- Labello Sun Protect SPF 30 Caring Lip Balm, R28, Clicks
- Embody Strawberry Lip Balm, R21, Woolworths
Read more: The Hottest autumn beauty trends for 2018
4. Facial mist
The office environment can be draining, even on your skin. Air-conditioning systems keep you nice and cool on those scorching hot days but can dry out your skin. Keep any of these facial mist at your work desk for instant hydration. They’re also a great pick-me-up when you start feeling the afternoon slump.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Face Mist, R141, Clicks
- The Body Shop Vitamin C Energising Face Mist, R161, Clicks
- Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief, R400, Foschini
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Hydrating Miracle Mist, R360, Foschini
5. A bold red lipstick
Sometimes an unplanned client meeting or impromptu session with your boss pops up and you need a confidence boost. A slick of red lipstick is exactly what you need to make you feel a lot more together and look as amazing as you are.
- Urban Decay Vice Mega matte lipstick, R250, Foschini
- W Matte Long Lasting lipstick, R151, Woolworths
- Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick, R120, Woolworths
6. Nail polish remover
Painting your nails at work is a definite no-no, but it is nice to have some nail polish remover pads on hand if you spot a chipped nail.
- Bourjois Magic nail polish remover, R110, Clicks
- Essence Clean & Go Express nail polish remover, R55, Takealot
7. A visual pick-me-up
Whether it’s concealer, bronzer or highlighter, this is a great beauty product to have in your desk if it’s been a long day and you still need to go out and live your best life. Cover those dark circles, perk up your cheeks with some shimmer or some blush. Make sure to use a product that can easily be applied with your fingers in case a makeup brush isn’t on hand.
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus concealer, R65, Clicks
- Yardley High Definition Anti-Redness concealer, R110, Clicks
- Sorbet Glow & Tell liquid highlighter, R150, Clicks
8. Blotting paper
The only thing that should be shining at the office is your amazing job performance and not your face. These oil-absorbing papers will keep you from looking like a sweaty mess from morning ’til night.
- NYX Professional Makeup Fresh Face Blotting Paper, R100, Clicks
- Essence All About Matt Control Paper R46, Clicks
9. Dry shampoo
Things can be a bit crazy in the mornings and sometimes you don’t have time to give your hair the attention it needs. Having a can of dry shampoo at your work desk makes sure you can always give your hair the once over, so that no-one will ever know it was a hectic morning.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo 200ml Cherry, R80, Dischem
- Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo Original, R100, Clicks
- Not Your Mothers Linseed Chai & French Plum Dry Shampoo, R190, Clicks
10. Your favourite perfume
A great way to refresh yourself in the afternoon is to spritz on a little perfume. There are tons of travel-sized perfumes for you to keep at your work desk. Find the right one for you, and stay smelling lovely throughtout the day.