‘What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose’ is a series of articles dedicated to the seemingly daunting task of losing lots of weight – think 30kg or more. If you are in this boat then this is the strategy for you. Follow the steps week by week and you’ll soon be on the path to a THINNER and (more importantly) HEALTHIER you.
Trust no one
If you have a lot of weight to lose and you’re looking for a diet that’ll work, you’re going to find A LOT of options. They will all seem credible, and offer the fastest results, the easiest diet plan, the option to eat anything you want, and probably some sort of magical pill too.
So what do you do with this information?
Well, there are two things you can do:
You can grab hold of a diet and try it out blindly. Give it twelve weeks or so. If it works (like, say you’ve lost 5 to 10 kilos and feel better) then keep going. If it doesn’t, then try something else.
Option two (my choice) would be to study all of the diets at your disposal.
Check out the history of the person selling it. Check out the results that the creator of the plan has got, and find REAL people like you who have done the diet and achieved real results.
Have they succeeded? Have they found it as easy as it’s supposed to be? Would they do it again? Then check out the scientific claims the diet makes, and see if they are backed up by anything that is actually true, or if they are just cherry-picked nonsense.
Once you’ve found one plan that satisfies you on multiple (preferably all) of the above levels, then try it. It’s a lot more likely to work.
What I’m really saying is caveat emptor – buyer beware. Don’t spend your hard-earned cash on a diet scheme just because it looks fancy. You’ll likely have much greater success with something tried-and-tested.
Trust no one. Do your own research, and trust your best judgement.
Take a look at more tips from the series “What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose” below:
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: The ‘anything’ rule
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: DON’T compromise
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Avoid ALL of these except…
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Cut back on the booze
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Stop eating out
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Find YOUR ideal numbers
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Get moving… slowly
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Don’t cut too hard
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Quit the white stuff
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: The first step
- What to do if you have a LOT of weight to lose: Start the day right EVERY DAY
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.