We’re all worried about keeping our skin looking rejuvenated and moisturised. A drop
or two of a favourite essential oil can not only add vitamins and antioxidants to your skincare
routine, but it will help boost moisture and elasticity in the skin. Boost your existing product,
or even try your hand at making your own!
Essential oils to keep the skin pepped up
- Lemon oil is a great source of vitamin C, although be sure to use it at night as daytime use
could exacerbate sunburn
- Sandalwood oil moisturises and protects, helping to smooth skin.
- Clary Sage and Blue Chamomile both work to calm the skin and minimise the appearance
of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Carrot Seed oil helps repair skin damage, acting as an anti-inflammatory and soothing
- Whilst pricey, Frankincense and Myrrh have a long history of helping tighten sagging skin,
while Patchouli contributes to warding off sun damage.
How to use essential oils
You can add a few drops to your favourite skincare products – don’t overdo it as you only
need a drop or two to harness the restorative effects as these products are highly
concentrated. Otherwise, mix 10-15 drops in your favourite carrier oil.
While coconut, almond and grapeseed oil remain firm favourites, you can also try a
luxurious rosehip or essential fatty-acid packed apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, or soothing
argan oil – all make for fantastic choices too.
Keep age and sun damage at bay with the help of some essential oils.