Last updated on Jun 21st, 2021 at 03:22 pm
Parents need to be mindful of a lurking evil, one that cannot be seen, yet could be deadly: online predators
These people are constantly monitoring social media sites, user search history and other cyber data to find their next victim. I spent my entire career in the legal industry weeding them out and bringing them to justice. However, with the dawn of the new millennium and new technologies they have become smarter, slicker and harder to detect. Fortunately, you can fight back. Here are some apps that you can download today which can, possibly, save your child’s life.
- mSpy – This is a great tool to monitor not only the social network activity of your children, but also their call logs. By syncing their phone(s) with yours, you will be able to see all their calls, even from apps such as WhatsApp, Viber or anything else. Also, you can monitor their location no matter where they are. With this app, you can rest assured knowing where your children are at all times and who they are communicating with.
- AviraAppLock – This app allows parents to limit the amount of time children spend on their cell phones or even certain apps. You can also set geographic limitations, such as places where apps can be opened and time limitation for social media.
- Kidgy Parental Control App – This is a cool app for taking control of your child’s smartphone. With this app, you can view and set up alerts to notify you when they leave one place and enter another, internet filters and a panic button, which hopefully you will never have to use. However, with this panic button, when worst comes to worst, you can receive an SMS notification containing your child’s exact geographic location. Hopefully you will never have to you use it, but it is there.
- K9 Web Protection – With this tool, you can turn on internet safe mode. You can block out any searches that are lewd or obscene in nature and you can block sites from over 70 different categories. A lot of harmful information is found via search engines and with this tool you can eliminate that threat.
- Minormonitor – If you are worried about social networks in general, minormonitor is geared specifically in that direction. This app lets you see when your child adds a friend with no or few mutual friends and it also enables you to see their statuses, which photos they share and their messages.
As a parent, it is difficult to juggle your professional and personal life, but with the dangers of the 21st century it is vital for the safety of your kids that you do. The apps listed above allow you to have peace of mind by letting you know what your children already know and what they are up to. Armed with this information, you can help them make better decisions about what they do online and protect them from internet predators.
This article is by Jerry Simas. I have been working as a freelance legal advisor in cyber security safety for more than 15 years. I advise companies and private citizens about best internet safety and security practices to help them protect their family and business. If you would like more information, feel free to reach out to me via Google+ via the following link: https://plus.google.com/108453892503099102540