Want to know how you can get the perfect hairstyle every time? It’s simple; just know your face shape…
When it comes to hairstyles, people can sometimes get it very right, or very wrong. This is probably because they do not know or understand their face shape.
The shape of your face determines which hairstyles look good on you and which don’t. Therefore, knowing your face shape is crucial in order to always have the perfect hairstyle.
What are the six main face shapes?
- Square face – Faces with a square shape usually have a square chin and a jaw that is prominent. The forehead and the jaw line are wide and have more or less the same width.
- Heart-shaped face – The heart-shaped face has a wide forehead and cheekbones and the jaw line and chin are narrow.
- Long face – With the long face shape is usually longer and not that wide and has a very narrow chin.
- Diamond face – The diamond face shape has very wide cheekbones and the forehead and jaw line are narrow.
- Oval face – With this face shape the forehead is usually a bit wider than the chin and the length is about one and a half times the width.
- Round face – The round face shape has round cheeks that are very prominent and the length and width of the face are equal.
Choosing the perfect hairstyle for your face shape
The right hairstyle will usually accentuate your best features. So the perfect hairstyle will do just that.
1. Square face shape hairstyles
With the square face shape, you can choose to accentuate or downplay your prominent jaw line. If you want to accentuate your jaw line, you can choose styles like a short/long bob or blunt bangs. To down play it you can go for straight long hair.
2. Heart-shaped face hairstyles
The best hairstyles for a heart-shaped face include a high top bun which accentuates your narrow chin. Bangs are also a good option as they take attention away from your wide forehead and narrow chin.
They draw attention to your eyes and cheekbones instead. For short hairstyles, go for the pixie cut. Loose curls that are shoulder length are also perfect as they add volume around your narrow chin.
3. Long face shape hairstyles
For long face shapes, opt for hairstyles that will make your face appear wider. The best way to achieve this is with curls. Also choose bobs that are chin-length. You can also give bangs a try; choose side-swept bangs or blunt bangs.
4. Diamond face shape hairstyles
The perfect hairstyles you can choose from include very short haircuts that are edgy. Long bobs are also perfect for this face shape as they accentuate your narrow jaw line. Curls are also a must, but you can also opt for long hair with some layers.
5. Oval face shape hairstyles
With this face shape, you can look great with almost any hairstyle. So you can choose from bobs such as the angular bob that accentuates your chin. For length, go for straight hair or beach waves. Bangs are also an option; you can make them blunt or side-swept.
6. Round face shape hairstyles
For a round face, the aim is to make your face appear longer and slimmer. A high ponytail will help make your face appear longer. You can also choose shoulder length hairstyles with some layers. Bangs also look great on you, especially long- or sideswept bangs.
So use these tips to make sure that you choose a hairstyle that will accentuate all your best features and give you the perfect look.