If salon colour isn’t in your monthly budget, teach yourself how to do the best possible home hair colour…
- Don’t wash your hair for a day or two before you colour. The natural oils will protect your scalp from possible irritation, and the colour will also spread more evenly.
- If you have long or thick hair, split it into four to six sections and secure each section with a hair clip. This will make application and blending of the hair colour much easier.
- If you’re new at home colour or are generally messy, protect the skin around your hairline with petroleum jelly to prevent staining.
- Bear in mind that you may need more than one box for long or thick hair.
- If your hair has been coloured before, don’t apply the dye all over straight away – you’ll get an uneven colour on the ends. Do your roots first and then comb the colour through for the last few minutes.