We all know how important it is to eat a proper diet and lost those extra kilograms. For many people this is difficult to do, so here are some simple tips that you can put into action immediately to help eliminate 200-300 calories a day.
Always eat a good breakfast and never skip it. For breakfast:
– Use low fat or fat free milk instead of full cream.
– Eliminate the butter and replace it with a low calorie spread.
– Eat a bowl of fresh fruit such as strawberries, bananas, peaches, etc.
– Use a smaller bowl for your cereal, or measure out one cup to reduce portion size.
For lunch and/or dinner:
– Bake or grill your meat, chicken and fish instead of frying.
– Instead of pouring the salad dressing over your lettuce, put some dressing in a small cup and dip your fork in it first.
– Use whole wheat instead of white bread.
– Limit your meat size to that of a deck of cards.
– Use reduced fat cheese in any recipes calling for cheese.
– For gilled sandwiches, use non-stick spray and leave off the butter.
– Have a salad for lunch instead of a burger.
– Have fruit slices instead of greasy, salty chips.
– Make tuna salad with fat-free mayonnaise.
– Leave the croutons and bacon bits off your salad.
– Cut out the dinner rolls, bread and crackers as much as possible if not whole-wheat.
– Steam your vegetables instead of cooking them in a pan with butter.
– Use lemon instead of high calorie tartar sauce on your fish.
– Avoid all those super sized meal deals.