Most people who have braided their hair know that one of the most irritating things about this process, is how itchy braids make your scalp. This is because of a chemical that is used to coat the synthetic hair. The chemical makes the hair heat resistant and helps prevent mould.
This chemical is the reason why the hair can be irritating to your scalp. But fear not, it’s easy to deal with this this. Apple cider vinegar or plain vinegar can help you here. Here’s how:
- Pour a cup of apple cider vinegar or plain vinegar into a bowl or sink.
- Then mix it with warm water.
- Now remove the hair you want to use from the packet and then put it in the bowl or sink.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes to one hour.
- You should see a white substance coming off the hair and floating in the water; that’s the chemical.
- After that, rinse the hair at least twice before letting it dry.
The post Why braids make your scalp itchy and how to make it stop appeared first on Bona.